Plus, enjoy complimentary Accor Plus membership with the American Express Platinum Card. Unless you stay at hotels for many nights a year, it’s hard to attain status with frequent guest loyalty programs.
One of the ways of leveraging more value from your hotel stays is through programs like Accor Plus because you are essentially buying a form of status — along with a range of other perks.
The news is even better for American Express Platinum Card Members, as complimentary Accor Plus membership is included in the package (or more accurately, the $1,450 annual fee).
This is a guide to the benefits of the Accor Plus program, which includes a free night, discounts of up to 50% on rooms and food/drinks for your stay, and benefits with other partners.
What is Accor Plus Membership?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Accor Plus Membership?
- 2 What is the ‘Stay Plus’ Free Night?
- 3 How to book the ‘Stay Plus’ benefit
- 4 Notes with Using the ‘Stay Plus’ Benefit
- 5 What are Red Hot Room Sales?
- 6 How can I save up to 50% off Dining With Accor Plus?
- 7 What are the ‘Member for a Day’ Certificates?
- 8 What status perks do I get with Accor Plus membership?
- 9 What are the Other Accor Plus Benefits?
- 10 Summing Up
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike the free-to-join Accor Live Limitless loyalty (ALL) program, Accor Plus is a separate premium membership that retails for A$399. You can also apply for a supplementary cardholder for A$149.
Here are the headline benefits:
- A free night ‘Stay Plus’ at participating hotels within the 800 plus properties in 18 countries across the Asia-Pacific
- Up to 50% off ‘Red Hot Rooms’ promotions, where you get a half-price discount rate at certain hotels
- Up to 50% off your restaurant bill and 15% off drinks at participating restaurants in Asia
- Silver status with the Accor Live Limitless loyalty program
- ‘Member for a Day’ certificates that you can give to friends/family to enjoy the same benefits that you do, on their next stay
- 20% discount with Europcar rental
- Other special events for members only such as cooking with famous chefs and golf with professionals
What is the ‘Stay Plus’ Free Night?
The Stay Plus benefit is a complimentary free night for a standard room in a participating hotel across the Asia-Pacific and can be redeemed at Accor’s budget brands like Ibis all the way up to upscale Pullman and Sofitel hotels.
Here’s a quick video overview of the various flavours of Accor brands at different properties around the world:
It’s a no-brainer that the Stay Plus benefit yields the best value at the upscale hotels. However, just to make your life more complex, not all hotels are eligible for Stay Plus.
But most properties can be redeemed with Stay Plus. The cost of some of the rooms for the one night could potentially outweigh the cost of the Accor Plus annual membership fee.
How to book the ‘Stay Plus’ benefit
- Visit the Accor Plus website to check room rates.
- Under ‘Search and Book’, click on ‘Stay’ to expand the search fields.
- Search for your desired destination and dates. Select ‘Yes’ from the dropdown box for ‘Stay Plus’.
- Browse available properties and room types that show availability for Stay Plus.
- Checkout to redeem your free night in a standard room, or pay the difference to a premium room if offered.
Notes with Using the ‘Stay Plus’ Benefit
- Ineligible properties will be marked as ‘Stay Plus Not Accepted’ in blue somewhere on the booking screen.
- In some cases, a Stay Plus benefit may not be available on the dates you want. Instead, you may have the option to mix the Stay Plus benefit with cash and book an upgraded room type.
- A minimum length of stay may also apply at some hotels.
- Be sure to bring your Accor Plus membership card to present at check-in, as the Stay Plus credit is loaded onto your card.
What are Red Hot Room Sales?
Accor Plus members have access to special deals at certain hotels over a certain time period, where you can book rooms with up to 50% off.
If Red Hot Rooms promotions are not running, you can also receive 10% off the Best Available Rate at any of the 600+ hotels. This includes Ibis Budget hotels in Australia and New Zealand.
You can book up to two rooms at the discounted rate, as long as you will be staying in one of the rooms and will be settling the bill for both upon checkout.
Make sure to use Cashrewards, as you’ll receive an extra 4.2% cashback on your accommodation costs.
How can I save up to 50% off Dining With Accor Plus?
As an Accor Plus member, you also get year-round access to 50% off the food bill at any participating hotel restaurant, whether its breakfast, lunch or dinner. No, you don’t even have to be a guest staying at the hotel.
Here’s how the savings work, based on the number of adults dining and percentage saving off the total food component of your bill:
Once you go beyond three people dining, the discount is calculated by dividing 100% by the number of diners. For example, the ‘Member + 4 guests’ example has 5 diners, so 100% ÷ 5 = 20% off.
In addition, participating restaurants in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji will accept multiple-member cards per table so you can save more than 25% of the bill. This is unfortunately not valid in Asia. Here’s an example of how the stacking works:
There may be also other promotional offers, such as a free beverage or complimentary afternoon tea at participating hotels.
Not all restaurants participate in this scheme, particularly if they are owned by third parties. View the list of dining exceptions here.
What are the ‘Member for a Day’ Certificates?
The MFAD Certificate entitles a non-member to receive all the Accor Plus benefits, except the Stay Plus benefit, for a period of 24 hours from the point of presentation at a hotel. A maximum of one can be used per stay. No points or status points will be earned.
Up to three certificates are allocated per member, per year. These can be obtained by contacting Accor Plus Member Services, which is simple as submitting a quick request through this form
The Accor Plus team will need to know the details of the person using the certificate (i.e. name and phone number), and if known, the date it will be used.
The certificate is only valid for one month when it is ordered, and for use only whilst the Accor Plus membership is valid, so make sure you time your request well. It can’t be used within Greater China.
‘Member for a Day’ certificates can only be requested by members residing in Australia, New Zealand & India via the above link.
Sometimes you will receive another certificate type in your membership pack. Our previous writer Daniel received a certificate for free buffet breakfast at any hotel in Australia, New Zealand or Fiji, with one guest and no stay or reservation required.
What status perks do I get with Accor Plus membership?
In addition to those benefits, an Accor Plus membership also gives you a Silver status with the ALL program. This normally needs at least 10 nights of paid stays or 2,500 Status Points (earned from hotel spend).
With Silver Status, you get a few more benefits than base-level members:
- Priority check-in
- Late checkout on request and upon availability on arrival
- Welcome drink
- Bonus rewards points on eligible spend
Remember — the Amex Platinum Card gives you Silver status with your complimentary Accor Plus membership, which is a great benefit.
If you are an existing ALL Gold, Platinum or Diamond member, then Accor Plus membership will help you retain your status. That’s a very handy perk! The ALL Rewards points earn rates are below:
What are the Other Accor Plus Benefits?
Accor Plus members receive 20% off the best rate of the day when renting with Europcar, plus up to 1,000 Rewards points per rental.
Finally, there are other member-only special events and niche benefits such as cooking with famous chefs or golf with pros. It’s hard to put any kind of value on those given they need to match your taste for them to be appealing.
Savvy members could extract a lot of value from annual $399 member Accor Plus membership, given the inclusion of:
- The Stay Plus free night, if you use it at a suitably expensive hotel
- 10% off the best available rate, or 50% off Red Hot Rooms
- Up to 50% off your restaurant bills
All up that should equate to at least $400 in value when each benefit is used just once. If you use the dining benefit often on a getaway, the savings against the usual cost of a hotel stay will quickly add up.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much Accor Plus membership?
The cost of Accor Plus varies. In Australia, it is currently A$399 a year.
Is Accor Plus membership worth it?
If you can maximise the ‘Stay Plus’ free night and discounted dining benefits, then it is possible to get more than $399 worth of value out of Accor Plus.
What is the difference between Accor Plus and Le Club AccorHotels?
Accor Plus is a premium paid membership giving the holder greater discounts. Le Club AccorHotels (now rebranded as Accor Live Limitless) is the chain’s loyalty program and is free to join.
How do I book Accor Plus complimentary nights?
Refer to our guide above on steps on how to redeem the Accor Plus ‘Stay Plus’ complimentary night. It’s quick and simple.